MN GOP State Convention 2010

WELCOME to an odd mixture of Posts, Links and Videos on topics such as Family, Music, Religion, Current Events, Politics, etc. and all with my humor mixed in. And trust me, I'm verrrry funny.

I hope we engage in great conversations about all kinds of topics. So, don't hold back with your comments. (Unless you don't think I'm funny. In which case I highly suggest you reevaluate your position.)


NEW TO MY BLOG OR BEEN AWAY FOR AWHILE?
Don't miss out on some great posts in the "Blog Archive" section located at the bottom of the current posts. Enjoy and please feel free to leave comments! If needed instructions on how to leave a comment are listed in the left hand column.


Monday, March 9, 2009

The "Change" we can believe in huh? So how's that workin' so far?

Prime Minister Brown gave President Obama an ornamental Pen Holder made from the timbers of the Victorian anti-slave ship HMS Gannet. This was especially touching since oak from the Gannet's sister ship, HMS Resolute, was carved to make a desk that has sat in the Oval Office in the White House since 1880.


President Obama was also given a framed commission for HMS Resolute. And a first edition of the seven-volume biography of Churchill by Sir Martin Gilbert.


President Obama gave Prime Minister a box set of 25 Classic American DVDs. Oh, did I mention President Obama sent back a bust given to us after 9/11 of Winston Churchill?


President Obama canceled the customary joint press conference (apparently on account of snow) but later decided to allow limited press availability, leaving out more than a dozen British reporters. President Obama seemed bored during the Oval Office meeting, acknowledged Britain's status as America's closest ally, and left the prime minister to go visit Boy Scouts. Report later was that President Obama was "too tired" to offer proper welcome.


The only thing I'll say is this: Respect and Tradition.

But hey, don't take my word for it...



Snubbing Britain: Obama offends a country
From the Union Leader: Sunday, Mar. 8, 2009

Barack Obama was supposed to make the rest of the world like, if not love, America again. With his charm and sophistication, he would show our cultural superiors overseas, particularly Europe, that America had graduated from cowboy chauvinism to coffee-shop worldliness.


Then an actual European visited the White House, with the whole world watching. Oops. As the British -- or "the Brits" as the President called them during a brief press availability -- might say, the President dropped a clanger, all right.


On their first official visit to the United States, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and his wife came to the White House bearing the traditional grand gifts. The prime minister gave Obama a pen holder carved from the remains of the HMS Gannet, a warship that once ran anti-slavery missions along the African coast. The desk in the Oval Office is made from the wood of the Gannet's sister ship.


Brown also gave the President a first edition of Sir Martin Gilbert's seven-volume authorized biography of Winston Churchill. This was apparently a response to Obama's having ungratefully sent back to England in January a bust of Churchill lent to the United States after 9/11.


Obama's gift to Brown? A box of 25 DVDs.


Then Obama canceled the customary joint press conference on account of snow and held a small press availability, leaving out more than a dozen British reporters.


The President acted bored by all of it, rotely acknowledged Britain's status as America's closest ally, and left the prime minister to go greet some Boy Scouts. The socially sensitive Britons went bonkers.


The Independent, a left-wing British newspaper, editorialized that Obama gave merely a "stale paean to the 'special relationship.' "


In a news report, it wrote, "Brown faces humiliation" and "The trip is in marked contrast to the hospitality lavished on Tony Blair by George Bush when they met for the first time."


The entire British press was inflamed with outrage that the American President had treated the prime minister of Great Britain so shabbily.


No one would have thought that George W. Bush could be made to look like a sophisticated gentleman compared to Barack Obama. But Obama just did it.


(end of the article from the Union Leader)



My final thoughts are...really?! NO ONE would have thought that George W. Bush could look like a sophisticated gentleman, especially compared to Barack Obama. I did and I highly doubt I am alone.

~

I'll say it again:

Respect and Tradition.



Click on picture above to go to a previous post of mine.


8 comments:

Nan said...

Hi!

Why am I not surprised by this post?

Actually, I find your post quite relevant. Especially the posts about Christ!

Thanks for posting those amazing music videos!

Happened across your blogsite, and am glad I did!

You have a new follower!

Blessings, Nan

nanlivi.blogspot.com
nanlivi.multiply.com

Brittany said...

Glad you found me! I look forward to checking out your blogs as well but wanted to say hello and welcome!

Emily said...

OK, I've tried to speak with at least some respect to Obama because he IS our president. But what a freaking idiot. Seriously? Here Mr. Prime Minister, how about some Dirty Harry and American Beauty. Have you seen Finding Nemo yet? Did you know it's set in that big country that's an island... but way bigger than yours?

I am terrified to see what he's doing next.

I am immeasurably grateful that I serve a God far bigger than him.

Jenni said...

wow, i am no longer out of the loop. that is embarrassing. I will go to that facebook page you mentioned and say something.

Anonymous said...

Boy, yeah. That was stupid. And did you see his sidekick Secretary of State Clinton give a "reset button" to Russia, but then had the translation wrong? It actually said "overcharge".

What a gaffe machine.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least he showed up wearing a proper suit!

Oh, I am just kidding, Britt!

Les

Brittany said...

I'll give him that. He was dressed in a suit.

He really blew that one and you know it's bad when even the media couldn't sweep it under the rug.

Nan said...

Hi!

Likewise Emily, I just prayed for our President today. I prayed that God might redeem him and change his heart about embryonic stem cell research, abortion and all the things I as a Christian am concerned about. He professes to be a man of faith, but not the faith that professes 2 Timothy 3:16! I also know that the USA will burn up as quickly as every other nation when Christ returns. God will not be cutting out the USA and pulling it off the earth and place it in heaven. lol Thank goodness! So I keep my hope grounded in the Creator, not the created thing. Scripture teaches that all nations will persecute Christians for their faith. Things will get pretty rough before Christ returns. Take heart brothers and sisters! If we read the end of the book, we find out the Christians win!!

Blessings all, Nan

PICTURE SLIDESHOWS

Coming soon: pictures of the kids!!

Pictures (from before the kids ruled our home)

One Last Thought From Me

Why not remember this act of love and sacrifice daily rather than just at Easter? Yes, this event is an indescribably joyous one because Jesus did rise from the dead but we should never forget how and why He suffered unimaginably before defeating Death and Hell itself on our behalf. He did so while thinking of you and me. In doing so he personally took on our sin, our pain and a debt we could not pay in order to provide a way to complete forgiveness and redemption. The truth is, either way death is not the end and being a “good person” isn’t a substitution for being truly forgiven.

God tells us that by simply believing Jesus rose from the dead, confessing and turning away from our sin and making the Bible the true foundation of our life, we will be forgiven for our sins and live eternally in Heaven.


As you may know, I am far from perfect and if you have doubts about that I’m sure you can find a multitude of people who can confirm that. I have made countless mistakes and bad judgments and will again in the future despite my best intentions. It is because of this that I am exceedingly thankful I can go directly to God and ask for help, ask for forgiveness and know that God's mercy is new every morning as I continually work to keep my foundation on God's Word. Truly accepting God's love, mercy and a true freedom offered in a life firmly anchored in His Word is something there simply aren't words to describe.


I have to admit that I regularly take that for granted and listening to the words in a song like “Via Dolorosa” is one way to help remind me of the sacrifice Jesus made on that cross. Deciding to live for Christ was without a doubt the best decision I made in my life. Don’t get me wrong, it didn’t solve all my problems and make my life perfect. But I have a peace and hope only God can offer and I know in God’s eyes He sees a child forgiven rather than condemned. Now that I am a parent I can’t even begin to imagine what it must be like for God to watch His children exercise their free will when they chose to reject Him rather than embrace the salvation He offers each of us.


Regardless of your feelings on God and Jesus I hope you enjoy the power of the images and music I posted. And thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts about what can be a very sensitive issue.

Via Dolorosa (Latin for Sorrowful Road)


Countdown to Election Day 2012